- Official Symbol
- S1PR4provided by HGNC
- Official Full Name
- sphingosine-1-phosphate receptor 4provided by HGNC
- Primary source
- See related
- Ensembl:ENSG00000125910 MIM:603751
- Gene type
- protein coding
- RefSeq status
- Homo sapiens
- Eukaryota; Metazoa; Chordata; Craniata; Vertebrata; Euteleostomi; Mammalia; Eutheria; Euarchontoglires; Primates; Haplorrhini; Catarrhini; Hominidae; Homo
- Also known as
- EDG6; LPC1; S1P4; SLP4
- This gene is a member of the endothelial differentiation, G-protein-coupled (EDG)) receptor gene family. EDG receptors bind lysophospholipids or lysosphingolipids as ligands, and are involved in cell signalling in many different cell types. This EDG receptor gene is intronless and is specifically expressed in the lymphoid tissue. [provided by RefSeq, Jul 2008]
- mouse all
- Try the new Gene table
Try the new Transcript table
- Exon count:
Chromosome 19 - NC_000019.10
- S1PR4 Signaling Attenuates ILT 7 Internalization To Limit IFN-α Production by Human Plasmacytoid Dendritic Cells. Dillmann C, et al. J Immunol, 2016 Feb 15. PMID 26783340
- A single amino acid determines preference between phospholipids and reveals length restriction for activation of the S1P4 receptor. Holdsworth G, et al. BMC Biochem, 2004 Aug 6. PMID 15298705, Free PMC Article
- Phytosphingosine 1-phosphate: a high affinity ligand for the S1P(4)/Edg-6 receptor. Candelore MR, et al. Biochem Biophys Res Commun, 2002 Sep 27. PMID 12270137
- Sphingosine 1-phosphate induces chemotaxis of immature and modulates cytokine-release in mature human dendritic cells for emergence of Th2 immune responses. Idzko M, et al. FASEB J, 2002 Apr. PMID 11919175
- Sphingosine-1-phosphate is a ligand for the G protein-coupled receptor EDG-6. Van Brocklyn JR, et al. Blood, 2000 Apr 15. PMID 10753843
- NCF2, MYO1F, S1PR4, and FCN1 as potential noninvasive diagnostic biomarkers in patients with obstructive coronary artery: A weighted gene co-expression network analysis.
Title: NCF2, MYO1F, S1PR4, and FCN1 as potential noninvasive diagnostic biomarkers in patients with obstructive coronary artery: A weighted gene co-expression network analysis.
- T cell S1PR1 and S1PR4, and lymphatic endothelial cell (LEC) S1PR2, were required for migration across LECs and into lymphatic vessels and lymph nodes. S1PR1 and S1PR4 differentially regulated T cell motility and vascular cell adhesion molecule-1 (VCAM-1) binding. S1PR2 regulated LEC layer structure, permeability, and expression of the junction molecules VE-cadherin, occludin, and zonulin-1 through the ERK pathway.
Title: CD4 T cell sphingosine 1-phosphate receptor (S1PR)1 and S1PR4 and endothelial S1PR2 regulate afferent lymphatic migration.
- High S1PR4 expression is associated with anti-neutrophil cytoplasmic antibody-associated vasculitis.
Title: Sphingosine-1-phosphate and its receptors in anti-neutrophil cytoplasmic antibody-associated vasculitis.
- S1PR4 missense mutation is associated with variant blood cell traits.
Title: Meta-analysis of rare and common exome chip variants identifies S1PR4 and other loci influencing blood cell traits.
- Shear stress did not induce rapid dephosphorylation of beta-arrestin-1 or rapid internalization of S1P3, indicating no GPCR activation. These findings suggest that Galphaq/11 participates in the sensing/transducing of shear stress independently of GPCR activation in ECs.
Title: Shear stress induces Gα<sub>q/11</sub> activation independently of G protein-coupled receptor activation in endothelial cells.
- Ig-like transcript 7 is rapidly internalized upon receptor-mediated endocytosis of TLR7/9 ligands to allow high IFN-alpha production. This is antagonized by S1PR4 signaling, thus decreasing TLR-induced IFN-alpha secretion.
Title: S1PR4 Signaling Attenuates ILT 7 Internalization To Limit IFN-α Production by Human Plasmacytoid Dendritic Cells.
- S1P2 translocation to the nucleus is regulated by an autocrine loop involving S1P and S1P4. In contrast, the translocation of Y416 phosphorylated c-Src to the nucleus appears to be regulated by a mechanism that does not involve S1P3 or S1P4.
Title: Sphingosine kinase 2 prevents the nuclear translocation of sphingosine 1-phosphate receptor-2 and tyrosine 416 phosphorylated c-Src and increases estrogen receptor negative MDA-MB-231 breast cancer cell growth: The role of sphingosine 1-phosphate receptor-4.
- analysis of novel potent and selective sphingosine-1-phosphate 4 receptor (S1P-R) agonists
Title: Discovery, design and synthesis of novel potent and selective sphingosine-1-phosphate 4 receptor (S1P₄-R) agonists.
- findings highlight an important role for S1P(4) and SK1 in ER(-) breast cancer progression.
Title: Expression of sphingosine 1-phosphate receptor 4 and sphingosine kinase 1 is associated with outcome in oestrogen receptor-negative breast cancer.
- Data show that S1P4 uses HER2 to regulate extracellular signal regulated kinase-1/2 MDA-MB-453 breast cancer cells.
Title: Sphingosine 1-phosphate receptor 4 uses HER2 (ERBB2) to regulate extracellular signal regulated kinase-1/2 in MDA-MB-453 breast cancer cells.
- Preferred Names
- sphingosine 1-phosphate receptor 4
- S1P receptor 4
- S1P receptor Edg-6
- endothelial differentiation G-protein coupled receptor 6
- endothelial differentiation, lysophosphatidic acid G-protein-coupled receptor, 6
- sphingosine 1-phosphate receptor Edg-6
Find us at the office
Chappa- Adamitis street no. 38, 81811 Tripoli, Libya
Give us a ring
+69 213 130 910
Mon - Fri, 10:00-22:00