Extra support for Victorian businesses
With safety nets such as JobKeeper no longer available, the Victorian Government has committed more than $500 million through the Circuit Breaker Business Support Package and Regional Tourism Support Package to support small to medium businesses and sole traders most affected by the May-June COVID-19 restrictions in Victoria.
The Circuit Breaker Business Support Package includes:
- 379.4 million for the Business Costs Assistance Program Round Two, including top-up payments for businesses in metropolitan Melbourne that remained under restrictions from 11:59pm, 10 June 2021
- $70 million for a new round of the Licensed Hospitality Venue Fund 2021
- $20 million for the Victorian Events Support Package for event organisers, hosts and suppliers.
The Regional Tourism Support Package includes:
- $11.8 million for the Business Costs Assistance Program Round Two Tourism Supplement
- $16 million for 80,000 travel vouchers valued at $200 each, building on the success of the Regional Travel Voucher Scheme
- $4.4 million for the Alpine Support Program providing businesses in the alpine resorts and Dinner Plain with up to $15,000 grants.
Business Costs Assistance Program Round Two
The Business Costs Assistance Program Round Two assisted eligible small to medium businesses and sole traders most affected by COVID-19 restrictions that were unable to operate between Friday 28 May and Thursday 17 June 2021.
Eligible businesses with an annual payroll of up to $10 million can receive payments of $2500 or $5000. Additional payments are available to eligible businesses through the Tourism Supplement and the Business Costs Assistance Program Round Two Top-up Payment, bringing the total grant to $7000.
The program closed for applications at 23:59 on Thursday 24 June 2021.
Licensed Hospitality Venue Fund 2021
The Licensed Hospitality Venue Fund 2021 program provided businesses holding an eligible liquor licence and food certificate with a $3500 or $7000 grant per premises.
The program closed for applications at 23:59 on Thursday 24 June 2021. Exceptions apply if you have been asked to submit further information and/or your application beyond this date.
Eligible liquor licensees under the Licensed Hospitality Venue Fund 2021 payment were emailed directly by Business Victoria with a link to their grant application form.
Learn more at Licensed Hospitality Venue Fund 2021.
Victorian Events Support Package
The $20 million package will support event organisers, hosts and suppliers as they manage the ongoing impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic. Grants will be available in five areas.
- The Sustainable Event Business Program will provide up to $250,000 to major event organisers, hosts and suppliers who have suffered a loss as a result of the recent restrictions that began in late May, and the ongoing viability of their event or business has been significantly affected by the pandemic.
- The Impacted Public Events Support Program will deliver up to $25,000 to eligible event organisers and up to $10,000 to eligible suppliers of Tier 1 and Tier 2 public events under the Public Events Framework that were approved to take place between 11.59pm on 27 May 2021 and 11.59pm on 24 June 2021.
- An Independent Cinema Support Program will deliver up to $12,000 to independent cinema operators unable to operate due to the COVID-19 restrictions that commenced at 11.59pm on 27 May 2021.
- A Live Performance Support Program (Presenters) will provide up to $7000 to presenters of live performance events that have cancelled events between 11.59pm on 27 May 2021 and 11.59pm on 24 June 2021 because of COVID-19 restrictions.
- A Live Performance Support Program (Suppliers) will provide a $500 grant per event for up to four different events for suppliers of goods and services to live performance events, including musicians and performers.
Learn more at Victorian Events Support Package.