Want to Open Zerodha Demat Account? Zerodha is a pioneer discount brokerage house. It was the first in the industry to offer the discounted and minimal brokerage rates for stock trading in India.
Zerodha offers a trading as well as Demat account facilities to its customers. The trading account is used to undertake and execute the trading i.e. buying and selling of stock, whereas, the Demat account is used to retain the stocks and scrips with the investor.
In this article, we will discuss the Demat and the Zerodha Trading Account and their charges and annual maintenance fees and other details related to the account opening with Zerodha.
There are various discount brokers in the nation that came before and after Zerodha but this firm brings a revolution in the stock market with its unrealistic cheap prices and established themselves as a discount broker in a completely new manner and made the word Discount Brokers famous.
The Zerodha Demat Account has various advantages which the clients can reap and make use of for their trading and investment purposes. Here are some of the most important Zerodha Demat Account benefits –
Reach and Network
There are some advantages of being the most sought after brokerage house in the country.
Zerodha has been recognized and referred as the most promising and popular brokerage house at present among the capital market fraternity and the traders.
You can find Zerodha branches in nooks and corners of your city and you can be from anywhere, any city to get that.
Discount brokers are famous for Trading platforms and cheap brokerage plans and Zerodha can be called as the innovator of this idea.
They simply changed the means of trading with their innovative trading platforms and technologies they use for those platforms. It made trading easy and more profitable.
Zerodha has variety of trading platforms like KITE, Zerodha Varsity, Smallcases, Sensibull, and many others to facilitate the clients.
No doubt, Zerodha has one of the cheapest brokerage plans for the clients. They have no charges for the equity delivery transactions and for the other trades, the maximum brokerage per order that any trader needs to pay is Rs.20 of the whole transaction value.
The brokerage plan apart from being cheap and very pocket-friendly also simple to understand and you do not need to bring your calculator our every time to make the brokerage calculations.
No Hidden Charges
There are no hidden charges attached to these cheap brokerage charges which we mentioned above. There are all the charges in front of you and there are no other charges.
No Minimum Brokerage
There are no minimum brokerage charges as well. You pay for what you trade and the maximum can be only Rs.20 for any volume of order.
So, if you are looking for an opening Demat account, Zerodha Demat account can be one of the best options for you.
Open Demat Account with Zerodha
How to Open Zerodha Demat Account?
Now, if you have made up your mind about the account opening with Zerodha, then to Open Zerodha Demat Account, you need to –
- Register you Name & Mobile No. & City – Register Here
- Zerodha representative will guide the user for online account opening process first
- Customer can also download the form & courier the same & post receiving accounts get opened within 48 hours
- If the customer wants to meet offline then they will arrange for face to face meeting
- On meeting the customer, few details are required to open free Zerodha demat account i.e. Aadhaar Card, PAN Card, Bank Statement, Cancelled Cheque & Address proof
- The executive will process the entire documents & customer will receive the Trading account ID & Password over the email or SMS within 30 minutes
- Client can now start trading using Zerodha Kite or Zerodha Pi
Check out Demat Account Opening Process of other Brokers
Zerodha Demat Account Charges
|Demat Accounnt Charges|
|Trading Charges [One Time]||Rs 200|
|Trading AMC [Yearly]||Rs 0 (Free)|
|Demat Charges [One Time]||Rs 0|
|Demat AMC [Yearly]||Rs 300|
|Margin Money||75% Margin|
Zerodha Account Opening Charges for Equity is different and for Equity and commodity it different. Here are the different type of account you can opt for and their pricing structure.
- Online Account – For trading only in equity domain, i.e. for Equity, F&O and Currency, you have to pay Rs.200. On the other front, you have to pay Rs.300 for trading in equity as well as commodity.
- Offline Account – Choosing for this account, you will have to pay Rs.400 for only the equity segment and Rs.600 for Equity as well as commodity Segment.
- NRI Account (Offline only) – Herein, the commodity domain trading is Not Available. So, in order to invest in Equities via NRI Account, you have to pay Rs.500 at the time of account creation.
- Partnership, LLP, HUF, or Corporate accounts (offline only) – For this category, the charges are Rs.500 for equity and Rs.800 for equity and commodity.
AMC, which is a yearly recovered amount is taken to maintain the account with Zerodha. So, the annual maintenance charge is of Rs.300/year + GST charged quarterly.
Apart from this AMC and account opening charges, another nominal charge is the form of stamp charges is leviable. This is a statutory charge towards or registration of power of authorization.
The other DEMAT account related charges are discussed below for your reference:
- Pledging: For pledge creation and closure, Zerodha charges Rs.30 + GST per pledge request.
- Cheque bounced: In case a customer’s cheque is bounced, he or she is charged with Rs.350 as cheque bouncing charges. This charge is a bit on high side so as to discourage any such instances.
- Statement: Zerodha typically rolls out an e-statement, however, if a customer wishes for a physical statement then he is required to pay Rs.50 as a courier charge.
- Call & Trade: The discount broker charges Rs.50 per call as call & trade charges
Zerodha AMC or Annual Maintenance Charges
The Zerodha AMC or annual maintenance charges are only Rs.300/year + GST charged quarterly that you need to pay every year for the maintenance of your account with Zerodha.
There are no other charges apart from this charge for maintenance of the account. However, this charge is only for maintaining the Demat account, there are no charges attached to the Trading account. There are no maintenance charges of the trading account.
Check out Demat Account Opening Charges of other Brokers
Zerodha Trading Account
With the Zerodha Trading Account, you can –
- Trade different investment options ranging from the equities to the Derivatives and the currencies as well.
- You can easily access your Zerodha trading account on the trading platforms offered by the firm and you can trade easily without much hassle on any of the platforms that suit you the best.
- There is no margin money that you need to keep in the trading account. Buying and selling shares can be done from the shares you have in the account and no money is required as the balance in the trading account
- You can also invest in IPOs with the Zerodha Trading account
- You can use bracket orders and other orders formats
Zerodha Demat Account – Conclusion
The Zerodha Demat Account is one of the most sought after Demat account and that is evident from the huge client base it has of 10 lakhs customers and above (as per the data received in June 2019).
This depicts the quality and quantity of services and products the firm provides to the customers and it is mainly owing to the fact that they have a typically low brokerage and highly advance trading terminals.
Zerodha Demat Account FAQs
Ques – How can I open Zerodha Demat Account?
Answer – Opening a demat account has been made pretty easy and seamless now, with the assistance of technology. You must only do it online, since Zerodha has no branches. Click on the button “Open Demat Acccount” in this page and then fill the pop up form. Collaborate with the team which gets in contact with you for further process.
Ques – Is Zerodha Demat Free?
Answer – Opening a Zerodha demat account will require a charge and is not free of cost. There is an attached opening charge which is a small amount of Rs.300. This seems fair enough as per the present market standard of charges, where Rs.500 can be considered as the average.
Ques – What is Zerodha Demat Charges?
Answer – Demat charges are all the amounts related to the opening and also maintaining the account. The account opening charge if of one time in nature and is R.300 for this broker. Also, the AMC is Rs.300 + GST charged quarterly per annum, i.e. you are required to pay Rs.300 + GST charged quarterly once every year.
Ques – Is AMC levied on Zerodha Demat?
Answer – Yes, AMC is a part of the charges which arise from the proces of investing in capital market. AMC is used to denote Account maintenance charges, which is fixed at Rs.300 + GST charged quarterly per annum by Zerodha. So, according to this structure, Rs.300/year + GST charged quarterly is an add on to your expense list.
Ques – Is Zerodha’s Demat Account best?
Answer – Yes, Zerodha is one of the fastest growing stock broking houses, which provides great deal of services and products from the capital market. Being associated with them, you can enjoy a lot of services from the industry and enjoy great returns. Also, they have one of the largest customer bases.
Ques – Does Zerodha provide Demat a/c?
Answer – Yes, Demat account provision is one of the many services Zerodha provides, to its clients. A lot of stock broking services are linked to the demat account, and as a matter of fact, Demat account is one of the prime products this broker provides.
Ques – What Documents are required for Zerodha’s Demat?
Answer – The documents required to open the demat accont are not complex, though they are a bunch of documents you need to fetch. Starting with the identity proof, you need to provide your Aadhaar card and PAN card. Furthermore, you need to provide passport size photographs and also a cancelled cheque.
Ques – Is Aadhaar Compulsory to Open Zerodha Demat?
Answer – Yes, Aadhaar card is one of the many documents you need in order to open a demat account with this company. Make sure you have a scan copy of this documents which can be used to prove your identity, and also to digitally sign the demat account application form.
Ques – Is PAN required for Opening Zerodha Account?
Answer – Yes, PAN is another document which proves your identity, alongside portraying your financial status. You can also seamlessly connect your bank account with that of the demat account, which is required for transfer of funds, while placing buy or sell order.
Ques – Do they Charge Demat Account opening Fee?
Answer – Yes, this stock broking house does charge an account opening fee from their clients. The new users have an obligation of paying Rs.300 as the account opening charge, only the beginning. This charge is not recurring, and is a one time payment. Also, there are different type of accounts you can go for and the charge would thereby differ.
Open Demat Account with Zerodha
Find out Demat Account details of other Stock Brokers
Find us at the office
Chappa- Adamitis street no. 38, 81811 Tripoli, Libya
Give us a ring
+69 213 130 910
Mon - Fri, 10:00-22:00